Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Edward Blair Edward Blair is offline

Default Error 50290: Error writing to Worksheet while using an ActiveX Control

Aaah, Microsoft. Post a solution, but do it in Japanese. God love ya.

I 'fished your page (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) but the
translation is, um, difficult to understand. Imagine Yoda providing
MSFT tech support.

I have discovered that if you wait for a random amount of time and try
again, this error mysteriously goes away. (I do this by using On Error
Exit Sub in my WriteToWorkSheet sub.) You obviously miss whatever data
was happening during that period of time, but at least your code doesn't
die.