Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default QUESTION ON "OFFSET" !

Jay,

Offset has a row and a column argument. And, it can take negative numbers.
So you can use

.Offset(3,1)

which references 3 rows down, 1 column to the right, or

.Offset(-3,-1)

which references 3 rows up and 1 column to the left.

Just be careful that you don't reference an invalid range. For instance, if
you are in cell A3, and you use

.Offset(0,-1)

you will get an error as you are trying top reference a non-existent range.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"jay dean" wrote in message

When I call "offset(some number)" on some defined range as in "Set rng
= rng.offset(5)" it offsets the range downwards.

How should I code it if I want the range to :

(1) offset(5) to the right

(2) offset(5) upwards.

Any assistnce would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay Dean