Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marecq marecq is offline

Default display statusbar, scrollbars and formulabar

I have a workbook where I want to hide all menu bars and toolbars for
the user when it’s opened. On the other hand, when the workbook is
closed (with a ‘close’ button on the sheet) I’d like to turn everything
back on.
The code is doing fine on the workbook_open event. Everything is
hidden, as I want. However, on the closebutton_click event everything
works fine except for the following 3 lines:

Application.displaystatusbar = true
Application.displayscrollbars = true
Application.displayformulabar = true

For all 3 I get the similar message:

Run-time error 1004 method ‘displayscrollbars’ of object ‘_application’
failed

However, when I write those lines in a separate sub and run it
manually, they work fine. If I try to call this sub when closing the
workbook the error appears again.

Does anyone know what’s happening?