Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Robinson John Robinson is offline

Default Selecting a file path in Excel VBA using FileOpen dialog

I am trying to incorporate a facility in my application to select a
file path to enable the user to archive files to. Currently I have
been using the application.getopenfilename this works fine if there is
a file in the directory already as I can extract the path from that.
However if you create a new directory, with no file in, the open file
button greys out. Ideally I want to do it via a browse button to allow
the user to select the path. Is there a better way to do this? Can you
use the Windows openfile dialog instead of the Excel VBA one?
Many thanks in advance for any help.
John