Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio is offline

Default Excel no longer allows new formulas with division "/" operator

On 31 Oct 2003 18:59:04 -0800, (SA) wrote:

Please don't post the same question to multiple groups. (Or if you
MUST, then cross-post a SINGLE message so that everyone can see follow
ups, and won't waste their time answering a question that may have
been answered elsewhere.)

This has nothing to do with Programming in any case. You've received
at least one reply in the microsoft.public.excel.misc group.

I am using Excel 2002 and Windows XP Pro. Recently excel stopped
allowing me to enter formulas containing the "/" operator. So when I
enter +3/4 or =3/4 I get an error. If I enter 3 in A1 and 4 in B1,
then try to enter the =A1/B1 or +A1/B1 I get an error.

[Snip]

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *