Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JayL. JayL. is offline

Default "like" string

Good Point! Thanks Tom

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
That will tend to skip some rows if two or more consecutive rows contain

the
condition.

Sub delete_if_Ave()
Dim lrow as long, i as long, c as range
lrow = selection(selection.rows.count).Row
For i = lrow to selection.row step -1
set c = cells(i,activecell.column)
If Left(c, 3) = "Ave" Then c.EntireRow.Delete
Next
End Sub

so looping from the highest row to the lowest row avoids this problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"JayL." wrote in message
This macro will delete a row if the 3 letters 'Ave' are the 1st 3

letters
in the cell
Easily adapted.

Sub delete_if_Ave()
For Each c In Selection
If Left(c, 3) = "Ave" Then c.EntireRow.Delete
Next
End Sub

"MDC" wrote in message
I need to delete a row that has certain values in a cell
in Column A. For example if the word "Average" appears in
cell a, I need to delete the whole row. I can't figure
out how to write the code to find partial string match.

Thanks