John

Thanks for the response.

I think I used to do it that way years ago. I chose the current because it
is faster, touching the fewest number of data points, which could ba a
thousand or more per series (up to 12 per chart) per chart (maybe 50 charts).
However, if this is the best solution that I will return to it.

Thanks,
John

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

John -

Instead of programmatically adding markers selectively to a series with lines and no
markers, programmatically remove markers from a series with lines and markers. The
legend retains the format of the series, which is line with marker.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

John wrote:

Usually, I have to chart alot of data. I cannot really use color to
distinguish the line and the line styles leave alot to be desired when the
points are close together. Therefore, I use the symbols to better
distinguish the data series. However, with alot of data the symbols make the
lines just appear fat, again making it difficult to distinguish the line.
Therefore, I loop through the points and set the individual point markers at
a different frequency for each series. This works great. However, the
legend doesn't display the markers. The first point on every data series
always has a marker. Is there a way to change what the Legend displays wrt
symbols?

Because I do the symbol addition programmatically the first data series on a
chart always has the same look. However, when there is only one series on
the chart the legend changes to show a list of xlCategory values for the
points with the line and symbol style next to them. I need the legend
because the titles are generic for a group of about 50 charts. Is there a
way to prevent this behavior?

XMGR is sooooo much easier at plotting alot of data.

Thanks,
John