Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jos Vens Jos Vens is offline

Default Send mail with attachment

Thanks,

this is maybe true, because a time ago, I tried this function and it worked,
but I always update my windows version, and I suppose that this will be the
reason why it doesn't work anymore. So my question stays open: does anyone
know a method to send a mail with an attachment which is independent from a
email program, like "mailto" did?

What would I like to get? The user of my excel-program must send a workbook,
but it's fairly big, so it's better to compress it first, then send it (as a
zip-file).

Can anyone help?

Jos Vens

"keepitcool" schreef in bericht
Jos,

afaik Microsost has disabled the functionality
of the attachment part of url handling for security reasons.

keepITcool

"Jos Vens" wrote:

Jos Vens wrote
Hi,

I found a way with outlook to send emails with attachments.
However,

vMail = "mailto:" & vRecipient _
& "?subject=" & vSubject _
& "&body=" & vBody _
& "&attachment=" & vAttachment

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink vMail

End Sub

Everything works fine and is mail-client indepent (it takes the
default email program) but my attachment is not added to the mail.
Who can tell

me
why?

Thanks