Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Problems deleting custom menu = double entries

Apologies if I read your post too quickly but my immediate thought is that
you are trying to delete a commandbar by running code started by a control
on the commandbar. I don't think that will work. Commandbars do not commit
suicide! You might try calling the core delete macro from an OnTime macro
initiated by a commandbar button click.

Sub ClickHandler()
Application.OnTime DateAdd("s",1,Now), "RedoCmdBars"
End Sub

Sub RedoCmdBars()

This would break the connection.

Btw, I think if I were doing this I'd see if just changing the controls'
captions would get the job done.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP