Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Spreadsheet opened by user or programme

application.caller doesn't provide the information you describe or what was
suggested by PeterS to the best of my knowledge.

As I suggested, look at Application.UserControl

Tom Ogilvy

"Jenni" wrote in message
I tried

Select Case TypeName(Application.Caller)
Case "Range"
V = Application.Caller.Address
Case "String"
V = Application.Caller
Case "Error"
V = "Error"
Case Else
V = "unknown"
End Select

MsgBox "caller = " & V

And I get Error irrespective of whether it is called by Access or by me
double clicking on the icon. I also tried to trap the error to get an
error number to use for differentiation, but no luck, it does not give
an error, it just opens.

Any other ideas??

Jenni