Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default "like" string

That will tend to skip some rows if two or more consecutive rows contain the
condition.

Sub delete_if_Ave()
Dim lrow as long, i as long, c as range
lrow = selection(selection.rows.count).Row
For i = lrow to selection.row step -1
set c = cells(i,activecell.column)
If Left(c, 3) = "Ave" Then c.EntireRow.Delete
Next
End Sub

so looping from the highest row to the lowest row avoids this problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"JayL." wrote in message
This macro will delete a row if the 3 letters 'Ave' are the 1st 3 letters
in the cell
Easily adapted.

Sub delete_if_Ave()
For Each c In Selection
If Left(c, 3) = "Ave" Then c.EntireRow.Delete
Next
End Sub

"MDC" wrote in message
I need to delete a row that has certain values in a cell
in Column A. For example if the word "Average" appears in
cell a, I need to delete the whole row. I can't figure
out how to write the code to find partial string match.

Thanks