Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keith keith is offline

Default Unique Tag for Printed Excel Spreadsheet

I am modifying a program that generates a report in the
form of an Excel spreadsheet, prints it, and saves it.

I need to come up with a method so that when the report is
initially printed by the program, it is unique from all
other printings of the report.

Basically, there needs to be a distinguishing
characteristic on the automatically printed report so that
it differs from other printings.

If the printed report is not unique from the saved
version, someone could manually alter the data in the
saved version and pass it off as the automatic print out.

The report is generated by a VB program and I'm new to
programming Excel with VB.

Any ideas?