Don Guillett

One way using code
Sub selectmeal()
Select Case Range("L1")
Case 1: x = "b"
Case 2: x = "l"
Case 3: x = "d"
Case 4: x = "n"
Case Else
End Select
Range("l1").Offset(0, 1) = x

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gordon Byrne" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I need help writing a simple code that will take a number between 1-4,
out of a single colum in a specific worksheet and identify it with a word.
ie. 1=Breakfast, 2=Lunch, 3=Supper and 4=Night.

Here is a little back ground, I wrote a program in my TI calc that stores
1-4 to represent the meal time. I now have taken that Matrix from my calc
and opened it as a worksheet to make a graph out of it. on my graph I

want
the words "Breakfast", "Lunch", ect. spelled out at the corresponding

spot.

Ive done VB code before but I have kind of forgotten most of it :(

Thanks for any help. I have cross referenced this in both programing, and
misc excel groups.

Gordy