Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default In Excel VBA, open .txt with Word?

Please excuse my slowness, Tom, but I'm not following this too well. The
Help files show the FollowHyperlink event as a complete and separate macro
Sub. So I take a "helper" cell, and make it point to the hyperlink, and set
an On_Click in that cell that calls the FollowHyperlink sub? Sorry if I've
managed to mangle something that should be easy.

Ed

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You could set the hyperlink to the cell with the hyperlink. Then use the
followHyperlink event to do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a macro in my workbook that returns a(ll) hyperlink(s) to the
requested Word document(s) using the ActiveCell.Text as the document

name.
It works great - except now I have to apply it to a bunch of .txt files.
These open in Notepad - I need Word for functionality when the document

is
open.

Is there a way I can set a "When Clicked" event so that, when one of

these
hyperlinks is clicked on, a macro will launch Word and open the selected
file? I'd probably have to remove the hyperlink formatting, I think, so

my
returned file name could be used as the doc name.

Am I asking too much? Is there an easier way?

Ed