Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default In Excel VBA, open .txt with Word?

I have a macro in my workbook that returns a(ll) hyperlink(s) to the
requested Word document(s) using the ActiveCell.Text as the document name.
It works great - except now I have to apply it to a bunch of .txt files.
These open in Notepad - I need Word for functionality when the document is
open.

Is there a way I can set a "When Clicked" event so that, when one of these
hyperlinks is clicked on, a macro will launch Word and open the selected
file? I'd probably have to remove the hyperlink formatting, I think, so my
returned file name could be used as the doc name.

Am I asking too much? Is there an easier way?

Ed