Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernie Deitrick[_2_] Bernie Deitrick[_2_] is offline

Default Visible Rows Indexing

John,

You need to include the code that populates your listbox for us to
troubleshoot it.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"John Wilson" wrote in message
In a quagmire again.......

Triying to index down through visible rows on a filtered range.

The code:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
With ActiveCell
nVisRow = Range(.Offset(RemindLBI_No), Cells(65536,

..Column)) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells(1).Row
TextBox1.Value = Worksheets("Reminders").Range("A" &

nVisRow)
TextBox2.Value = Worksheets("Reminders").Range("B" &

nVisRow)
End With
End Sub

ActiveCell is always Range ("A5") <the header row
"RemindLBI_No" is the ListBox Index number (from a ListBox on

another
UserForm)

Here's the problem......
Let's say that my filter leaves rows 8, 10 & 12 visible.
If I select the first item in the ListBox.Index = 1) it works fine.
(nVisRow = 8)
If I select the second item, (ListBox.Index = 2) it still works.
(nVisRow = 10)
If I select the last item, (ListBox.Index = 3), it doesn't work.
(nVisRow = 10)

I understand why the above doesn't work but am at a loss to find a
workaround.
In essence, starting from row 5, I need to get the row number of the

3rd

visible row below row 5.

TIA for any insight into getting this to work,
John