Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
emblair3 emblair3 is offline

Default Error 50290: Error writing to Worksheet while using an ActiveX Control

Has anyone ever encountered error 50290 ("Application
defined or object defined error") when trying to write to
a worksheet containing a 3rd party ActiveX Control?
(i.e., The line 'Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value =
1' causes an error.) This error seems to occur
ocassionally and spontaneously. I have tried everything,
but I know I'm not alone. (Search Google for Excel Error
50290 and you'll find several hits - but no solutions.)
Thanks in advance.