Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Carleton Sam Carleton is offline

Default Determining range

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 12:14 GMT, Mike Macgowan wrote:
You might try using the built in Autosubtotals in Excel. It keys off of a
change in the description. Sure beats having to write code.

I agree, using a function is always prefered over writing code.

Another part of my goal is to have a spread sheet that my wife
can simply enter the number and not have to worry about formating
each cell, nor copying down the formula's from the row above.
How would I go about doing that? The basic idea is that there
will be data i rows 3 through 23, my wife will enter a new row in
24, then click on one button to update the monthly totals and to
do the formating and calculations of the new row. I do not want
her to have to havve anything selecting of cells, or anything.

Now what about this part? How do I copy the formating and the
formula's down one level each time?

Sam