Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Richman Jeff Richman is offline

Default Unable to suppress warning message...

Hello -

I am using Excel 2002, and would like to suppress
(programmatically) the warning message which is produced
when a pivot table changes size and would overwrite non-
empty cells below or to the right of the table. The
message asks, "Do you want to replace the contents of the
destination cells in <<Worksheet Name?"

The warning can be produced by adding a new row field to
a table, expanding/collapsing a particular row field, or
any number of other operations that increase the size of
the pivot table causing it to need to overwrite a non-
empty cell.

I've tried setting Application.AlertBeforeOverwriting to
FALSE, and while this suppresses a similar message
resulting from drag/drop operations, it doesn't suppress
the pivot-table-related message. Is there any way to
suppress this message?

Alternatively, is there any Excel event available early
enough after a user does something to resize a pivot
table, so that I could programmatically clear the fields
that would be overwritten so that no warning would be
necessary?

Thanks.

- Jeff Richman