Jon Peltier

Kevin -

The NA() trick to get #N/A in a cell doesn't help with pie charts. You almost got it
with the number formats, but you only specified positive and negative number
formats. You need to add two semicolons:

General;General;;

The lack of anything between the last two semicolons tells Excel not to show zeros.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Kevin Gallagher wrote:

How do I suppress zero values in a pie chart. i have tried returning
na# instead of zero and I tried using the format General; General,
neither are working for me with pie charts.... the na# appears, and
when I use General; General a dash "-" appears.

By way of explanation - I have a list of customers with a contribution%
against each - i wish to show the postive % customers on one pie chart,
and the negative % csutomers on a second pie chart. i have therefore
created two new % values and used an IF statement to supress postives
on one and negatives on the other. From that I make two graphs...