Dave Y

Hey Dave Peterson,

I just tried out your code and it worked great! Thank you. I had to tweak it
a little; for some reason I kept receving an error stating it could not find
the shape when I ran the code. I only had 2 autoshapes on my test worksheet
and I tried everyname for the shapes I could think of but I kept receiving
the error. I eneded up using the following line of code which hides all
autoshapes:

ActiveWorkbook.DisplayDrawingObjects = xlHide

That hides all the autoshapes on the sheet which is not exactly what I was
looking to do but it will work for now. The password functionality and the
hiding of the worksheets works perfectly. Thanks again for you help, I really
appreciate it.

Dave Y

"Dave Y" wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the code. I will try it on Monday when I'm back at my desk.
I'll post again to let you know how things worked out or if I have more
questions. I appreciate your assistance.

Dave Y

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Ps. Remember to lock the project
Inside the VBE, tools|VBAProject properties|protection tab.

But even this protection can be bypassed pretty quickly.

Dave Y wrote:

Hello,

I have a workbook that is stored in 2 seperate places on the network. One of
the copies satys as is and the other copy is placed in a different directory
which is meant to be a view only copy. There are multiple worksheets within
this workbook along with 2 AutoShapes that I do not want to be visible in the
view only copy. I know how to hide the worksheets that I do not want to
visible using VBA but I still have 2 issues that I need help with:
1. How can I hide the 2 AutoShapes in the view only copy using VBA. Both
AutoShapes are placed on the same worksheet.

2. I would like to create a button (ActiveX Control) that I would use to
hide the worksheets and the AutoShapes that I do not want to be visible in
one click. Can I assign permissions to that button so that only I can make
the contol perform its function?

Any help, suggestions, or useful links will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dave Y

--

Dave Peterson