Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB[_3_] GB[_3_] is offline

Default Conditional IF statement

Try this formula
=SUMIF(B8:B308,"BOB",A8:A308)

Geoff

"Rick" wrote in message
I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to
create a special conditional IF statement.

What I would like is to put in cell C1 the sum of all
cells from A8 down but only if the ajoining cell [B8
down] contains a specific word.

Example:
Column A8 down contains 300 different figures currently
with the B8 down column containing 5 different supplier
names making up the 300 adjoining cells.

So in other words C1 would have the sum of 80 A cells
that have adjoining B cells that contain the supplier
name "BOB"

I hope I described well enough to understand.
Thanks in advance

Rick