Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default How do I use a Combo Box to change values in a Cell.

Havok,

You can sort your table by country than put a Vlookup function in
the cell to get the number. Make sure your Combobox or buttons put the
country in the appropriate cell.

--
sb
"Havok" wrote in message
here is what i am trying to accomplish:

I have a table of data:

U.S 5000
France 3000
Italy 4000
Canada 6000

I want to have a Combo Box (the radio buttons would be nice)
that has the four countries. When a country is selected it changes a
reference cell. (i.e. U.S. is selected and it inserts 5000 in a cell
that is used for further calculations)

I know how to create a combo box such that a number changes in a
reference cell but the number is just the ordnal number from my list
(i.e. 1 thru 4). How to I link to my numbers?

Sincerely,

Jay R.