Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Before DoubleClick

Try this John

If Target.Column = 6 Then
' code

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"John Pierce" wrote in message om...
In this same vein, I have a macro that enters today's date in the
selected,
or target, cell by double-clicking. (It then activates the next cell
down,
which I found was necessary to complete and exit the procedure.) The
code
is below:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)
Target.Value = Now()
Target.NumberFormat = "mmm d"
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

What I would like to do is limit the operation of this procedure to a
particular column, column F, so that if someone happened to
double-click in, say, cell D5 it would not replace what is there with
today's date.