Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Getting to the Function Explanation Programmatically

Hi Yinon

I don't know how to get only the text but maybe you like this file
to display the Excel help from a function with code.

You can find the help Id's numbers for Excel 2003(also 2000 and 2002)
in this zipfile.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/IDnumbersfiles.zip

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Yinon" wrote in message om...
Hi,

How can I get to the explanation text of function programmatically?

I'm talking about the text that appears in the Insert Function dialog
when selecting a function. For example, when I select the "Sum"
function, I get in the buttom of the dialog the text:
SUM(number1, number2,...)
Adds all the numbers in a range of cells.

Can I get to this text programmatically?

Thanks,
Yinon