Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pfsardella@yahoo.com.nospam is offline

Default Importing data from text files

Ron DeBruin offers some code on opening workbooks and gathering
information.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

Chip Pearson has some examples of File I/O.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

Microsoft has examples of file I/O.

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

Hello,

I need to combine information from multiple files. All
the files contain the exact same format. The difference
is each file contains a different item. I am trying to
figure out how to automatically open the data files from
Excel and insert them into Excel to create a list. Is
Excel capable of going out to my PC and opening files? If
I can do it for the first file than I would think the rest
of the files could be done through a repeatable loop.

There is a total of 111 files. This would be to painful
to do manually. Additionally the files are sent to my PC
via FTP from and Informix database daily. I need to try
and refresh this data on a daily basis. This appears to
going to be a complex macro. Some direction might be all
that I need. If anyone has some suggestions or can point
me to some websites that might go into detail this would
be great. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff