Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
E Sullivan E Sullivan is offline

Default Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

I think I figured it out. I'm not attached to a printer. In regular excel, I
can't open the page setup because of that so that is what I'm guessing. It's
not easy for me right now to attach to a printer and this code has been
working for years, so I'm just going to trap the error and move on.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Do you have a valid reference to the Excel application in

Tools=References.
It is possible that you don't. If you are are talking about printing out
orientation portrait or landscape, the constants are

? xlLandscape
2
? xlPortrait
1

But I the weren't defined (no reference to the excel object library), they
would be seen as a value of Zero which would probably raise the error you
describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"E Sullivan" wrote in message

I have a VB6 programming accessing excel. I had previously had no

trouble
setting the orientation of the sheet but now that I have a windows xp, I

am
getting the above error. I have Office 97 installed on my machine.

thanks