Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Prevent users from using AutoFilter

Almost anything you do to Excel to hide things, can be undone. Usually with
little effort. The best way to keep one branch from viewing the data of
other branches, in Excel, is to send each branch their filtered data only.
If the other branch's data is not there, guess what!!
Mike
"Rob Savage" wrote in message
om...
We have a spreadsheet that contains data from all our branches.

On the branch copies, we use a AutoFilter to show them only the rows
they should be seeing.

I have disabled the Filter menu option in the code, but the Data
Filter Advanced Filter will not remain disabled. The rest of the
Data Filter menu is greyed out, and both the sheet and the workbook
are password protected.

This means that the branch managers can select this option, remove the
criteria range, and then see rows for all branches.

Can anyone help as to why I can't prevent that AutoFilter option
appearing, or any alternative ways of preventing the user from
changing it's settings?

Cheers

Rob