Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Todd Huttenstine[_2_] Todd Huttenstine[_2_] is offline

Default Formulas

ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC
C 1 *formula?
D 2
B 3
E 4
F 5
A #N/A

Above is the situation. I have formulas in column A and
in Column B. The formulas in Column A will produce a
letter. The formulas in Column B will produce a number.
An #N/A error will be in only one of the cells in Column B
in the specified range. I need a formula in cell C1 that
will look in Columns A and B and when it sees the #N/A
error in the cell in Column B, it will return the
corresponding letter in Column A.

So in this example, the formula in cell C1 will produce
the result A, because the #N/A error is in cell B6.