Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Array Help Needed

look up Match in Excel help

Marty

-----Original Message-----
Folks

I believe I am in need of an array to speed up my search.

If on sheet1 I
have 26 columns of data but in columns 8 and 10 when

certain criteria are
met I put these values could be location and route(route

is a number) into 2
variables named respectively as mentioned. I then goto

sheet2 where I have a
named range of about 1000 entries that are 4 columns

wide, the first 2
columns being the location and route. My code at the

moment starts at cell
A1 on sheet 2 and loops through the activecell until

location and route are
either not blank or hit a blank - so basically it goes

through the whole
list until it gets a match, and obviously each location

can have more than 1
route. When it does it then grabs the data from column 3

and 4 which might
be "km" and "abb" variable names respectively and then

drops them back onto
sheet1 say into columns 1 & 2 on the row that I was

working on. I believe
what I need is an index / array to so that when the

variables from sheet1
are found they goto the first cell address of the

location name straight
away and look from there instead of always starting at

the top and working
down. In sheet1 I may have 40,000 rows of data and out of

these maybe a
thousand or more will meet the criteria and have to be

searched. Can anyone
help to speed this up !!!!

Thanks in advance

Regards