Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Too Basic A Question

Actually, Sheets("Sheet1") is the sheet you are cutting to. A1 is the
destination.

The activesheeet, row with the active cell is the row you are cutting from
in the code Don provided.
rw = 10
activecell.entirerow.cut _
sheets("sheet1").range("a1")(rw)

or

rw = 10
activecell.entirerow.cut _
sheets("sheet1").range("a1").offset(rw-1,1)

would cut to row 10 on sheet1.

Tom Ogilvy

dave wrote in message
Thanks for the quick response, but...

I know that I have to change "sheet1" to the name of the
sheet I'm cutting from but what does the range("a1")
select? I obviously don't always want row 1 so how do I
make that a variable reference?
dave