Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How can I avoid a BLANK cell being interpreted as a ZERO?

Try using

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,items,2,False)

Does this help?

Tom Ogilvy

matt wrote in message
om...
I have a price list of items on Sheet2 with product codes from 0 to
999 in column A and prices in the adjoining column B. I have called
this price list "items".

Now, when I try to do a vlookup function on a cell within Sheet1, I
come up with a price regardless of whether that cell is blank or has a
zero in it. My function looks like this: =VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,items,2)

How can I stop excel interpreting blank cells as cells with zeros in
them? Or how can I alter the function so that it doesn't try to match
up a blank cell A1 with a Cell containing 0 in table "items"?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Matthew Dowling