Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Proteting against a button press

How about:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

If Me.ProtectContents _
Or Me.ProtectDrawingObjects _
Or Me.ProtectScenarios Then
MsgBox "can't run on this protected worksheet"
Exit Sub
End If

'your code here
MsgBox "hi"

End Sub

John Baker wrote:

Tom:

They are from the control toolbox. If i were to use the macro to check the state of the
sheets protection, how would I go about it? Its a viable alternative, since I only have
three buttons on that sheet, and they link to everything I want to protect.

Regards

John Baker

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You could use the sheet activate event to disable the buttons or hide them
(check the protection status of the sheet)

You could have each button's macro check the state of the sheet and jump out
without doing anything if it is protected.

If you need more help, specify where the buttons are from; control toolbox
toolbar or forms toolbar.

--

Dave Peterson