Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Boris John Boris is offline

Default Maintaining Column Widths in CSV Format File

I have to send data to my users that eventually are
importing it into Excel. I create the files in a CSV
format but the users still have to expand the column
widths to show the headers and other data properly. Is
there a way to get Excel to open these CSV files so the
columns are as wide as the widest data in the file? Is
there a way to add something to CSV file direclty so
Excel will make the column widths the correct width?
thanks to anyone that replies. You can reply directly to
my elmail if you like.