Dave Peterson

This macro worked ok for me with the data starting in row 1.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim wks As Worksheet

Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim TopRow As Long

Dim iRow As Long
Dim oCol As Long

Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")
With wks
TopRow = 1 'toprow of grouping
FirstRow = TopRow + 1 'leave row 1 alone!
oCol = 2
For iRow = FirstRow To LastRow
If .Cells(TopRow, "A").Value = .Cells(iRow, "A").Value Then
oCol = oCol + 1
.Cells(TopRow, oCol).Value = .Cells(iRow, "B").Value
.Cells(iRow, "B").ClearContents
Else
TopRow = iRow
oCol = 2
End If
Next iRow

On Error Resume Next
.Columns(2).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).E ntireRow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End With

bmac184 wrote:

I have a list that I need to transpose and can't figure out how to
accomplish it. Spreadsheet looks like this:

Column A Column B
AA Apple
AA Pear
BB Orange