Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Default month

Thanks, Tom. Actually, I like your ListIndex method better.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
For information:

? Format$(Date, "Mmmm")
October
? format$(date,"mMmM")
October

"Jake Marx" wrote in message
Hi Paul,

Something like this should work for you:

.Value = Format$(Date, "Mmmm")

One comment - I would pick a different name for your ComboBox, as
Month is a reserved keyword. I don't think it will cause any
problems, but better safe than sorry. I typically use "cbo" in
front of a ComboBox name so I know at first glance what type of
object it is. So you could use "cboMonth" or similar.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Paul wrote:
Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul