pistoff

Default How can I prevent email addresses from automatically hyperlinking.

I want to store email addresses in Excel without necessarily creating
hyperlinks. In my old Excel software, you had to hit enter while you were in
the cell to create a hyperlink, but in this new version (2003) it
automatically hyperlionks the email addresses even when I just click onto a
different cell. Then I have to go back everytime and remove the hyperlink.
Is there a preference I can set to prevent this automatic hyperlinking?