Debra Dalgleish

YOu can't use an AutoFilter to find a number within a number.

You can use an Advanced Filter, as described he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html#Number

Or, add a column to the table, and use the FIND function to test for a
number. For example, with '04 in cell F1:

=ISNUMBER(FIND($F$1,E2))

Then, filter that column for TRUE.

Kompressor wrote:
At my business we use a certain format for our sales orders. In 2004 we
had a format of the job number and the year, such as 4304 or 1704. For
some reason, our autofilter cannot seem to sift through this. For
instance, after applying our autofilter to the sales order column on
our spreadsheets, even using the search 'contains' or 'ends with' 04
won't bring up all the items that contains or ends with 04.

Can anyone explain/help correct this problem?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List