Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Dynamic update on ComboBox

Thank you guys the data validation formula worked very nice. Thanks

Kevin Brenner

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If your combobox is from the controls toolbox toolbar and located on a
worksheet, then you will probably be disappointed in the results. You

would
need to update your range using code in the change event if you want

updates
to timely. If a dropdown from the formst toolbar or using

Data=Validation
with the list option, then dynamic names work well.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
You should be able to use dynamic ranges to deal with this.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm#Dynamic

On the MenuBar, Insert Name Define.

1. Place your name in the top TextBox.
2. Copy the formula below into the RefersTo box. (Use Ctrl-V to paste)
3. Hit OK.
4. Then, back to 'InputRanges' for ComboBox and Enter the name that
you chose.

(Modify this to suit)

=OFFSET($B$2,0,0,COUNTA($B$2:$B$500),1)

HTH
Paul

------------------------------------
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

------------------------------------

I created a list of item B2:B22 in a page called "Notes" and then

linked
Combobox from page1 to that list of items.
that works great, but I want the list to be Dynamic, so when I add an

item
to the item list it would reflect that addition in the ComboBox. I have
typed in the "input Ranges" Notes!$I$2:$E$100 to get more fields but

that
shows me a to many empty lines in the combobox!

And Again Thanks for all your Help!

Kevin Brenner