Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
troistr troistr is offline

Default Searching text in cells

Hi, I have been putting together a program for the past
year in vb/excel and I am stuck on the last macro to put
this whole thing to bed. Here is the problem:
On one worksheet there is a range of cells that has
comments. cell(A1) (ei "3wd, rounding corner")
I need to look into each cell and determine whether a
portion of the cell contains certain words or abreviations
(ie "3wd","steadied","std","5wd") and then assigning a
variable a value.
I have tried making a function with TextCompare but keep
running into errors. Recording a "Find" macro puts me
into another whirlwind. It seems to easy to be this hard.
Either I am getting old or losing my mind. Thank you in
advance for your help.