Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Lopez John Lopez is offline

Default embed <alt<enter for multiline cell in a CSV file

Hi,

I have a database program (MatrixOne, with Oracle as
middleware) that parses data returned from a query, then
writes a CSV file, and finally launches it with Excel for
the users view.

I know there are better ways, but this is what we have
right now.

I need to embed an <alt<enter in the cell contents as a
new line delimeter, so as to create multiline cell data.

I have attempted to write an octal \034 between the data
pieces, but it does not really do what I need, just
creates a nonprinting character in the string, which
remains linear.

Thanks for your help.