Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default LogonUser API call...

Hi Paul,

You can do this with ADSI (search Google for "OpenDSObject" for more
information). But why do you want to do this? If there is a certain file
or folder you want to access, then just try it, and the user can
authenticate if needed. I for one would be hesitant to enter my network
username/password into a non-Windows dialog.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

paul wrote:
Hi,

Is there a reliable way to check a users username and password from
within a macro against an NT domain? I've tried using the Win32 API
call LogonUser, but without success, getting the
ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD error message.

Cheers for any help...

Paul