Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Robinson Paul Robinson is offline

Default Do---Loop Error in Complex Code

Hi Pete,
You seem to have your loop tangled up with your if..then. Is this what
you mean? (I removed some of the goo to make it easier to see what is
going on)
regards
Paul

Sub DatabaseTransfer()
'
'
Dim dbs As Database
Dim rs As Recordset
Dim adjlog As String
Dim notfound As Boolean
Dim response As Variant
adjlog = "\\xxxx.mdb"
Set dbs = OpenDatabase(adjlog)
Set rs = dbs.OpenRecordset("TEntry", dbOpenTable)
notfound = True
For R = 4 To 300
ColE = ActiveDocument.Cells(R, 5).Value
If ColE = "" Then
Exit For
End If
With rs
Do While Not .EOF
If ActiveDocument.Cells(1, 5).Value = .Fields("Login") _
And ActiveDocument.Cells(R, 5).Value = .Fields("SSN") Then
.Edit
.Fields("Login") = Range("F" & 1).Value 'Login is static
'and the rest
.Update
notfound = False
Exit Do
Else
.MoveNext
.AddNew
.Fields("Login") = Range("F" & 1).Value
'and the rest
response = MsgBox("New Record Added to AdjLog Record")
.Update
End If
Loop
.Close
End with
Set rs = Nothing
dbs.Close
Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub

(Pete T) wrote in message . com...
Evening, I have an Excel Spreedsheet which is used throughout the
Office to track assignments given to each staff member. I am now
wanting to add a worksheet which will track staff contacts and upload
that information to a Center Database (Table aready exist). I wrote
the following code to check for records already in the Database and
update them -if necessary, And also to add new records as needed. But
I continue to have Loop problems, and suggestions...