Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lothario[_2_] lothario[_2_] is offline

Default How do I send some cells to an external text file?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet in which:

Column 1 contains (a number) price per unit.
Column 2 contains (a number) quantity.
Column 3 contains (a formula) sub-total. (price per unit x quantity)
Column 4 contains (a number) sales tax rate.
Column 5 contains (a formula) total. (sub-total x sales tax rate) +
sub-total

I need to give this spreadsheet to a person who has no Excel
knowledge.

Please help:
How can I have the user click a button (or something like that) so that
the above information is automatically written to an external text
file?
This auto generated text file should NOT contain the formulas.
This auto generated text file should contain ONLY the values. Such
price per unit, quantity, sub-total, sales tax rate and total.

The text file will be printed as a "receipt".

Thanks,

Luther