Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roland De Bouvere Roland De Bouvere is offline

Default Make a hyperlink, by placing data in a cell inside

Hi,

You can concatenate the text in different cells in to one (hidden) cell,
then in another cell you can make a hyperlink with that (hidden) cell.
So if you have in
A1: businesssolutions
A2: default.mspx
and you want the user to go to microsoft.com on the businesssolutions page,
then enter in a cell in a hidden row or column, eg A3:
="http://www.microsoft.com/" & A1 & "/" & A2

In the cell the user can click to go to the webpage eg A4:
=Hyperlink(A3; "Go to " & A1)

I hope this is what you're looking for

Roland

"0o0o0" schreef in bericht
they are just strictly stock symbols in the cells.... and the word news
is in another cell.. thats the think I want clickable.. but I want
excel to automatically grab the symbol to the left.. and autofill
somehow into the link for the news. And be clickable when I press on
news for that stock??

The symbols on the left are ALWAYS changing cause that is the result of
a bunch of ather sheets calculated together to get this symbol on this
page..

confusing?? anyhow how do i get the text in cell A1 into a hyperlink on
cell F1??
Whats the wild key or command?