Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric G[_2_] Eric G[_2_] is offline

Default Help with formula?

Thanks Tom,

I haven't tried it yet. I'm just wondering what the
IF((C4:J4<"")* <------ multiplication (*) sign is for?
Not really sure what the first two parts of the formula are for.

Thanks Eric

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:55:06 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

=AVERAGE(IF((C4:J4<"")*(C2:J2<""),C4:J4/C2:J2))*100

Entered with Ctrl+shift+enter rather than just Enter because this is an
array formula

Should do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

Eric G wrote in message
I'd really appreciate getting some help with one formula I'm working
on, if possible.

Something like:

AVERAGE(C4:J4/C$2:J$2*100)

Right now I sort of have it working.
The only problem is that with values at the moment in only C4:E4
it's giving me a 'false' average.

I could restrict the formula to the cells that have values but it
would be very tedious to keep changing it each time I add a value to
F4, G4 etc.

TIA Eric