Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bradley Dawson Bradley Dawson is offline

Default Accessing different versions of Excel VBA from another application

Thanks Tom, these links will be my reading assignment! (Always wondered
what that binding thing was)
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Use late binding - don't have a reference to excel.

INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

Tom Ogilvy

Bradley Dawson wrote in message
I often run Excel VBA applications from AutoCAD, but the reference to

Excel
is particular to the company's computer that I use. When it is run on
another computer with a different version of Excel, the application

fails.
Is there a way to check for Excel versions and apply the correct

application
reference?