Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Green[_2_] John Green[_2_] is offline

Default Time smaller than a second

It is possible to format a time with decimal fractions of a second:

Format(Time, "HH:MM:SS.00")

However, Time and other VBA functions will only return a result to the nearest second. It is possible to get finer measurements
using API calls.

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney

"PK" wrote in message ...
Hello.

I frequently use formatting such as the following:

xTime = Format(Time, "HH:MM:SS")

How would I format/capture time increments smaller than
the "SS" in the previous line? Or do I need to change my
approach?

What are the limits of the measurable time in VBA?

Thanks for your assistance and example code if possible.