Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les[_2_] Les[_2_] is offline

Default Excel data to an Access table

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately I am not as familiar with VBA as I am in VB-6. Can you show
me how to set up the command button to send data from XL to Access (ie send
XLS.fileABC.column to ACCESS.fieldname etc....)? What command button
event should I use and how to null out those 6 fields. If it is involved
then I understand.

Lets say for example I have 3 fileds called field1, field2 and field3 that
has data in them and that upon clicking the button I want to send it to
(appended of course) to Access with fields access1, access2 and access3.
Does this example make life easier?

Thanks,

Les

"Rick S." wrote in message
Les,

If you know VBA you can try writing a reinitialization statement in the
module and call it after the append to ACCESS, else, write a macro to

clear
the fields and call the macro after the command button to append the data

ACCESS. The best approach depends on your comfort with VBA and/or macros.

Rick

"Les" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet set up like a form. This form has 6 pieces

of
data the user puts in. Once they are filled in the user needs to click

on
command button and have those 6 pieces of data dumped (appended) into an
Access database. After that is done I want to clear the 6 fields where

the
data was in Excel.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,