Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jimredfield jimredfield is offline

Default help converting text to range object

I have a cell range identifier masquerading as a text entry in a cell
(e.g.,the cell at G19 contains the text "D14:F20"). Within my macro, I
want to grab that D14:F20 text string, convert it into a range
reference, and use that range reference within the macro. I can't
figure out how to make the text-to-range conversion.

Another question along the same lines: I have a single cell (e.g. B4)
and I want the text within that cell to echo its location (e.g., "B4")
such that if the cell is moved elsewhere the text revises appropriately
(e.g., if the cell moves from B4 to F9, the text within changes to "F9"
too).

(Using Mac Excel 2001.)

Relative newbie to this -- help(s) appreciated.

- Jim